We are looking for a full time (5 days a week, 8 hours) Research Assistant for 24 months appointment to commence in March 2017.
Project: The research tasks explore innovative ideas for the noise control in buildings. The study will involve the characterization of different sound fields indoor with respect to different functional activities.
Domain: Acoustics, Noise Control
The appointed RA will be involved in the following tasks:
- Assist and take care of all the tasks related to publications related to the domain.
- Participate in research and writing of articles
- Assist in development, design, and setup of the acoustic experiments
- Analysis and collection of data, and graphical representation of information using suitable tools (such as AutoCAD, MATLAB, etc.)
- Master’s Degree (preferably) or Bachelor’s Degree of Mechanical Engineering, Architecture or other relevant discipline
- Knowledge in the architectural acoustics and building noise control
- Experience in research work and writing
- Skilled in graphic design and representation
- Capacity to work independently
- Management skills
Compulsory Information to be included.
- Cover letter specifying your research interests and experience
- CV (including GPA/CAP ranking), which should include names and contact of 3 referees
- Most significant publications, if available (no more than two)
- A copy of official transcripts (Bachelor degree and Master degree)
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and will be asked to complete and submit the NUS Personal Data Consent for Job Applicants to the contact person indicated in the advertisement. (P/S: plesase double-click on “NUS Personal Data Consent for Job Applicants) and paste the url (http://www.nus.edu.sg/careers/potentialhires/applicationprocess/NUS-Personal-Data-Consent-for-Job-Applicants.pdf ) onto another new webpage to retrieve the document.
Shortlisted candidates may also be asked to submit additional documents for review, if necessary.
Salary: S$2500 – S$3700 per month