We are looking for a full-time Research Assistant for 24 months appointment to commence as soon as possible in 2017. The project includes acoustical development works for residential building. A good knowledge in acoustics, instrumentation, modeling and computational fluid dynamics will be useful.
Project: The research tasks explore innovative ideas for the noise control in buildings. The study will involve the characterization of different sound fields indoor with respect to different functional activities. There is also an element of indoor air quality work.
Domain: Acoustics, Noise Control, Instrumentation, and Modelling.
The appointed RA will be involved in the following tasks:
- Assist in research, construction of physical models for testing and measurements;
- Assist in development, design, and setup of the acoustic experiments;
- Analysis of data and development of prototypes;
- Assist in administration and management of research, including documentation of results;
- Participate in research and writing of articles for various publications;
- Analysis and collection of data, and graphical representation of information using suitable tools (such as AutoCAD, MATLAB, etc.)
- Master’s Degree (preferably) or Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Architecture or other relevant disciplines
- Knowledge in the architectural acoustics and building noise control
- Experience in research work and writing
- Skilled in graphic design and representation
- Capacity to work independently
- Management skills
Compulsory Information to be included.
- Cover letter specifying your research interests and experience
- CV (including GPA/CAP ranking), which should include names and contact of 3 referees
- Most significant publications, if available (no more than two)
- A copy of official transcripts (Bachelor degree and Master degree)
Salary: S$2700 – S$3700 per month